During the lingering winter months, schools and work places are replete with people coughing and sneezing. You do not have to fall prey to every virus or bacteria in the atmosphere. Here are five things you can do immediately to protect yourself from such foreign invaders:
- Drink More Water– every physiological function in the human body is facilitated by water. Water improves digestion, flushes out waste products, and assists in the transport of enzymes and nutrients.
- Eliminate Sugar– sugar has been shown to slow the function of immune cells in the body. Therefore, if you want your immune system to be alert and ready to attack any foreign bacteria or virus, avoid sugar.
- Increase Fruit and Vegetable Intake – fruits and vegetables contain tons of vitamins, antioxidants, and nutrients, which strengthen and support the immune system.
- Relax – stress is a killer all by itself. When the body is at rest, it can repair, rebuild, and cleanse itself. Schedule time for rest and relaxation to improve your health!
- Exercise – promotes the movement of lymphatic fluid in the body. Lymphatic fluid contains white blood cells which attack foreign bacteria in the body.